Over the past several years I have learned many things about CSS and web design. Some of this information has come from colleagues, some has been pure trial and error, and some (probably the majority) has come from useful resources on the web. Recently, I was asked to share some info on design to some of my fellow students at Wright State, and I told them I would give them a list of useful CSS info. So, I decided to simply share that info here.
Here is a list of pages that about CSS and learning CSS. Some of these are things that I have used, some just seem like good information for those starting to learn CSS:
- A good starting point for the basics:
- This page has a good list of web standards, and some good info on CSS:
- Everything at http://meyerweb.com, especially http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/ (useful for creating cross-browser friendly sites)
- A great site for debugging crazy IE CSS issues:
- Always make sure your HTML and CSS are valid.
That’s probably good for now. I’ll may post some more later. Also, these and other CSS/HTML related links can be found on my delicious bookmarks page.